Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stegosaurus or Stegnography?


This week in our technology class we were introduced to stegonography- a very cool way to conceal information such as word documents, mp3s and other documents, masked with a photo. So to the naked eye, an email containing harmless photos could actually be filled with words, and unless you had the password, you would not be able to access the document. I really think that it is a cool thing to use for fun with my family over emails. It is very, very easy to use, which I thought was nice.

Practicality in the FM industry? I don't know but here are some of my ideas:

1. You could take a picture of possible security liabilities of your building, then encrypt the photos with explanations of different ways that people have exploited these liabilities, preventing the future security breaches. Doing so, you would ensure that only the people you wanted to see it, could.

2. When giving out Christmas bonuses to your employees, you could encrypt a picture of Santa Clause with the amount of their bonus.

3. Other than that, I don't really have more ideas. I am looking forward to class today to hear what other people think.

5 comments:

Holly or James said...

you're a blogger? crazy! love the dinosaur.
-james

Mindy said...

I think it's great how funny you think the stegosaurus is! I love you.

chase said...

Nice blog man! This is chase from class. dude, we are both assigned floor coverings for 310 so we should get together sometime remotely soon and get that thing hammered away so we can get it out of the way. Let me know what you think.

Kirk and Dynelle said...

I LOVE THE CHRISTMAS BONUS IDEA!! BO-YEAH!!

Natalie said...

um, i think tyler is too smart on his blog for me to understand what is going on.