Thursday, September 18, 2008

May the Vektr be with you


This past week, I had the "vektr-experience." I thought that it was a fine tool to use for tracking and recording work orders. At my current employment, we use JIRA, which is very similar. I didn't find anything too amazing about Vektr, but I can see that it would get the job done.

When creating a work order, I felt that I had too many options and too many clicks to make, when sometimes the order is just simple. I prefer less pull down menus, and only a few fields. Again, I see the benefit of pull down menus for filtering purposes, but I thought there were too many.

Also, the resource tab was not intuitive. I was trying to create a work order, but I needed a resource, and I didn't know where to find it. Eventually, after clicking around I found out how to create one. I also thought that the Help menu was not very descriptive.

It is a fine product that will get the job done.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yes, sometimes people make tools so it is easy for them to use it at the top. But what they don't consider is that people who are actually using them will find them too complex and a pain and will not use it at all! Things have to be quick and painless, especially if it is part of a change in the regimen. Because as we all know, people resist change anyway!