Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Flattened the internet

Well, I have officially joined the blog-nation as of September 9, 2008. This blog will initially be used as an assignment that I have in my FPM technology class, which thus far has been great. For the first assignment, we are to identify 3 different technologies that we could implement in the facilities management field, and eventually whittle those options down to one, which I will present.

So, my 3 initial ideas for technologies are:

1. GIS-Global Information System- how to use satellites, maps and other resources to identify your needs.

2.Showclix or etix- they are an on-line ticketing company that provides an internet based way of ticketing for any event; sports, musical, speakers, anything that needs ticketing.

3. Nano technology for green buildings- it may seem crazy, but they have done some cool stuff with nano technology. Paints, insulation, adhesives, etc are all different things that scientists are looking into.

Those are my 3 ideas for now, and I will have it narrowed down to one by next week.

No comments: