Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Best website of 2008 (for me)


Brace yourself. I have deliberated over this decision for some time now, and the final tallies are in, every vote counted and dangling chad accounted for. Here is the best website of 2008:

Pandora.com

If you are not familiar with this website, please, please go and visit it immediately. Pandora is a website that streams music, like an on-line radio station only you get to choose the music! The best part about it all???? It is completely free to you and me as users!

All you need is an email address and a password. From there, you type in either an artist or a song that you like. Based off of that information, Pandora will load a list of songs and artists similar to what you have chosen and start playing music. If you like the song, you give it a thumbs up and they will continue to stream that type of music. If you don't like the song, you can give it a thumbs down and they will find another song that you may like.

Personally, I love this thing. Through Pandora, I have discovered so many great artists and songs. Now I just log on and have great music at my finger tips.

If you don't know where to start, take some of my suggestions:

Nizlopi- acoustic feeling, (this is my current favorite)
The Postal Service- just good music
Jessie's Girl- I named this station on mine "Cheesy 80's rock" I love it!
Earth, Wind and Fire- straight funky stuff that will make you dance
Carpenter's Christmas- need I say more?

Hope you discover this treasure and appreciate it! Happy Holidays to all! Give yourself the gift of Pandora radio and rock your holiday socks off!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

We sure love that website!

Mindy said...

Wait, but isn't my blog your number one site of the year??

Tyler M. said...

Yes, mindytylercam.blogspot.com is the hottest website of the millenium. Pandora is #2.

Michelle said...

OK ~ I would have agreed w/you on this a couple of months ago but Pandora has implemented this horrible new rule where you can only listed to 40hrs per month for free! So I get cut off mid-month or so. DRIVES ME NUTS. So at mid-month I switch to playlist.com